Sunday, February 22, 2009

im not going to lie, i did a lot of huffing and puffing during this charrette. There may have even been some choice words coming out of my mouth after i finalized my 5th set of 32, and realized I still had a ton more to go. BUT in the grand scheme of things, I will agree that it was a useful exercise, looking closer to how joints are related, how objects are put together, as well as magnifying bits and pieces of an object help a designer to understand the object better. The sketching process and all that came along with that helped me with designing my passage way. I wanted an outdoor space, where color, light and shadow could inhabit the space. I envisioned the passage way being either a sky walk from one part of a building to another or just a walkway thats facing out into the exterior space. The passage way reminds me of The Modern Art Museum in Barcelona, Spain. The Modern Art Museum was an all white building for the most part, yet utilized its window spaces with different colors so that the light + color + space could have a different effect depending on the time, and weather.  

No comments:

Post a Comment