Wednesday, February 11, 2009

you GO glenn coco!! (rm 204)

Whew. First official post on this little guy...It's been a whirlwind of designing this past week and a half on this slim LARGE charrette (or project-depending on who's narrating). I dont think we realized how slim LARGE this charrette was, and after decided we weren't taken the best approach in the space, we switched on our "non-safe" gear, and re-designed our space. It certainly set us back quite a bit-but we sure did come out with a better design then we would have "playing it safe".   
Looking back on it now, I definately agree this 2-week charrette was an accomplishment, from friday to sunday night we produced a great new proposal for room 204, 3d auto cad perspectives, sections, and a cool new lectern, that seemed to be exactly what we hope for. At the end of the day- "you go glenn coco" still puts a smile on my face, and so does our new room 204. 
I still dont appreciate institutional design, and I think this charrette and future projects of ours will help me cross institutional design off my list of possibilities for the future....(or will it?) I think my 'not being able to think outside the box' really gets stuck inSIDE the box in institutional..we will see, I may need to do some more research and discoveries, but so far-institutional is not in my future (that is AFTER patrick's studio...) 
Here are some of the beginning process works- The intention was to play off of the human form and how one would interact with the new lectern-after seeing and using the old elmo, I knew for the future design it would have to work more ergonomically. 
Here is an autocad 3d perpspective looking from behind the lectern toward the open break-out space. 
Another view from the lectern looking towards the class. On the right, is the soft wall we propose to have help with living organisms in the space, and making sure that the room is never set in one position, and that it can always be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment