Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MR. Ryan - NOT my dad...

There were three Mr. Ryan's in my life during my high school years...
1. my daddy
2. my history teacher 
3. my math teacher ( son of history teacher)
I always thought it was ironic- and when people didnt know the teachers they would ask if we were related..which I wasnt. Mr. Ryan the math teacher was this cute young teacher with curly hair who sometimes wore glasses, lucky for me, math wasnt my strong suite so I got to spend some quality time with him went I would go in for math help. Both Mr. Ryan's were laid back teachers, easy to get along with and always did a fun twist on what we were learning. 

Mr. Ryan ( the older one, the history teacher) thought he was such a tough guy- he'd walk up and down the isles rambling on about civil war- or whatever we were talking about that day  and blab on and on about how great he was because he was Irish - who would have thought that with the last name of RYAN! He was constantly comparing "guns" with the guys in the class, and giving them a tough time about not being in the weight room. His four leaf clover - located on his lower right ankle ( thats how often he showed it if I STILL know the location of it) was displayed almost just as much as his guns.

The point is...throughout all these crazy endevours in their class, they made learning fun and interesting- putting a twist on it with their personalities. Now, the young mr. ryan has a window cleaning company..and randomly in the summer i find myself making awkward conversation with him, while he's on a ladder cleansing my windows... WEIRD.  

No comments:

Post a Comment